What I Ate Wednesday #126
Long weekends always make it seem like Wednesday comes even sooner than normal, even when I work the Monday holiday! Here’s another weekend What I Ate Wednesday. Thank you as always to the lovely Jenn of Peas & Crayons for hosting the weekly link party. Take a visit to see more WIAW from other bloggers!
Here’s a look at Saturday with “the cousins”—3 generations at one table! We can all agree on a few things, though…
There was food too, of course!
- Breakfast: After a morning working, I enjoyed an egg-white veggie scramble and toast with tahini and roasted eggplant.
- Appetizers: I was still full from breakfast so only had a few nibbles of crudite and a slice of kielbasa, but there were a lot of pretty cheeses and dips
- Lunch/Linner: I had some of the salmon, red cabbage slaw (with ginger carrot dressing—delicious), salad, and some watermelon & goat cheese.
- Dessert Part I: I wasn’t ready for real dessert yet, so I had a sliced nectarine with whipped cream and took a slice of stone fruit pie for the road.
- Snack/Mini-dinner: Basically the second I got back to the city, I got hungry, so I made a salad with some last-legs greens and veggies
- Dessert Part II: The pie got smushed in transit, but I was still able to enjoy it warmed up with some vanilla Greek frozen yogurt.
What was the best thing you ate last weekend?