Yikes, it’s July! How did this happen? I can dig it, though. I love summer, even if I’ve been sweating like a dude under my lab coat—I don’t know what it is about the morning, but it’s basically impossible to cool down and dry off until at least 10 a.m. Haha maybe my body just gets used to the humidity!
Sorry, TMI. The real reason you’re probably reading is because this also happens to be the first WIAW of July—and the 117th What I Ate Wednesday . Thank you as always to the lovely Jenn of Peas & Crayons for hosting the weekly link part. Take a visit to see more WIAW from other bloggers!
Here we have another Monday…
I had no idea but Monday was totally the calm before the storm this week. State surveyors showed up Tuesday morning and it’s been chaos since. Haha that doesn’t mean that Monday was “calm” by any stretch, but hey…Here’s what I ate to keep myself fueled through the madness. I realize I ate two salads in one day, but sometimes I feel like the salad I eat from the cafeteria at work doesn’t really register in my brain as a real salad—it’s more like a romaine-based collage or something. That and I was seriously craving greens with avocado that night. It totally it the spot.
- Breakfast: Zucchini bread oats with PB-coconut spread (love this stuff)
- Lunch: The same salad I eat at least 3 days a week…
- Snack: Cottage cheese with half a white nectarine, raspberry preserves, and cereal
- Dinner: A “real” salad (with avocado!) and a veggie burger; organic stoneground dark chocolate from Taza in Somerville, MA
- Snack: The same frozen Greek yogurt with roasted figs and dark chocolate chips I’ve been enjoying since last Friday-hasn’t gotten old yet. Maybe when the figs run out the magic will be gone.
What foods have you been craving lately?