After a weekend at the beach, I felt recharged and ready to get to work on Monday. And then suddenly it was the middle of the week. Time for another What I Ate Wednesday . Thank you as always to the lovely Jenn of Peas & Crayons for hosting the weekly link part. Take a visit to see more WIAW from other bloggers!
Sometimes meatless Mondays happen, and sometimes the opposite happens. I blame the PMS and strength-training monsters (there was meatless Tuesday and Friday, so I like to think it all balances out). The day was a total blur, and I have to say, having some high-quality animal protein helped me get through it all. I find that if I’m going to go that route, I prefer fish, and I’m much more inclined to eat a lean cut of beef than I am chicken. I’ve recently been working on buying only grass-fed, organic beef, since it’s something I eat more regularly than, say, a year ago.
- Breakfast: Overnight oats made with kefir instead of yogurt
- Lunch: Salad with grilled veggies, chickpeas, hard-boiled egg, and hummus
- Snack (unpictured): Greek yogurt with puffed millet and blueberries; later, a decaf iced coffee while out with a lady-friend
- Dinner: Steak with sauteed kale and mushrooms and quinoa
- Snack: Greek frozen yogurt with frozen berries and dark chocolate chips
Do you do meatless Mondays? What are your favorite protein sources—vegetarian or not?