Yesterday, a few of my friends on Facebook were sharing this list from Buzzfeed of popular foods you can make at home—awesome way to save money and save yourself all those extra weird chemicals.
I know I went on a bit of a rant a few months ago about making my own hummus, but there are definitely foods that are super-easy and totally worth making at home.
A few of my favorites:
- Tomato sauce—my mom may not be Italian, but her recipe tastes just as good as anything I had in Italy
- Granola—we may not be in touch anymore, but I do have to admit that, if nothing else, when it came to making granola, that ex-boyfriend had skillz.
- Soup—My favorites are basically everything on my recipe page.
- Shake ‘n’ Bake—an experiment gone very right.
- Miso-Tahini Dressing—enough said.
What are your favorite convenience foods to make at home?