Easter and April Fool’s
Good morning and happy Monday! Whether you wish the Monday-ness was an April Fool’s joke or not, it’s here. How was your weekend?
Unfortunately, I had a mostly sleepless night in New Jersey on Saturday and required a lot of coffee and endorphins to get me out the door to my aunt’s yesterday for Easter dinner. It was great to see everyone and I was fine once I was there, but I was still in need of a musical pick-me-up. PMS and religious holidays should not be allowed to coincide.
Cue the Somewhat Blasphemous Easter Survival Playlist:
- “The Ballad of John & Yoko”—the Beatles
- “Miracle Man”—Elvis Costello
- “Shame”—Avett Brothers
- “Roll Away Your Stone”—Mumford & Sons
- “Get Me Away from here, I’m Dying”—Belle & Sebastian
- “Friend of the Devil”—the Grateful Dead
- “Beginning to See the Light”—the Velvet Underground
- Sweet Virginia”—the Rolling Stones
- “Sister Jack”—Spoon
- “Shelter from the Storm”—Bob Dylan
- “Acid Tongue”—Jenny Lewis
- “Sound Like Hallelujah”—the Head and the Heart
- “A Shot in the Arm”—Wilco
- “Jesus the Mexican Boy”—Iron & Wine
Overall, though, it was a nice holiday, complete with good company, and the food was great. My mom wrote a great post about my grandmother’s lamb recipe.
I don’t know about you, but I’m happy it’s a new month. I have a few hopes and plans. I’m looking forward to hopefully hanging up my winter coat for the rest of the year.
Anything in particular you’re hoping to accomplish or anything you’re looking forward to this month?
4 thoughts on “Easter and April Fool’s”
April 2, 2013 at 1:21 pm
Nice playlist! I’m glad it’s a new month too, but it’s still winter here in Minneapolis. Snow still on the ground, temps still below 40 degrees. Sigh.
April 2, 2013 at 4:58 pm
Glad you enjoyed! I feel like even if it’s normal for an area, snow in April still seems unfair!
April 2, 2013 at 1:56 pm
[…] ← Easter and April Fool’s […]
April 17, 2013 at 10:44 am
[…] Lunch: Salad and toast with smoked salmon and avocado, a piece of dark-chocolate-covered ginger […]