These were almost too easy…This was one of my favorite lunch-hour experiments in a long time.
- Green figs (black would work too)
- 1-2 T balsamic vinegar (depending on how many figs you have)
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Slice figs in half and place, cut-side up, on baking sheet (I covered the sheet in foil to avoid messy clean-up).
- Drizzle figs with balsamic.
- Roast until figs begin to caramelize, about 8-20 minutes, depending on the size of the figs. Mine took 15.
I had a couple of these plain and chopped up a few to toss in tomorrow’s salad with a little goat cheese. I’m planning to make a sweet vinaigrette (use a dab of jam as an emulsifier) to go on top too. I suspect these are also very good with yogurt, and maybe even vanilla ice cream…